1. Definitions. References to “you”, “your,” and similar terms refer to you, as the Account holder or user of the Editor. References to “us”, “we,” “our,” and similar terms refer to the NZA.
2. Our Approach. The NZA is committed to protecting the privacy of our users and ensuring that their personal information is kept safe. While no data transmission service is completely secure, we have undertaken reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your information and ensure it is kept confidential and secure. If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us using the email in “Contact Us” section below.
3. Information Submitted. To create and maintain an account in the Editor, you submit personal information to the NZA, including your name, email address, job title, institutional affiliation, and similar details that we may request or you may submit from time to time. You also submit whether you would like your name to appear in public materials crediting team members for their work. In addition, if you choose to use Google or Microsoft Authentication to sign into the Editor, you will submit your first name, last name, and email address, which we will use to create your account. Collectively, this information will be referred to as the “Submitted Information.”
4. Information Logged. The Editor automatically logs information about your activities in the Editor, including the zoning jurisdictions you edit, information you submit, documents you upload, and similar information tied to your account. Collectively, this information will be referred to as the “Logged Information.”
6. Consent to Information Use. By using the Editor, you consent to our using, collecting, retaining, and sharing (with NZA-affiliated parties) the Submitted Information and the Logged Information, for the following purposes: account management, log in functionality, records retention, team management, communication with you, public recognition of your contributions, invitations to participate in NZA enrichment or team-building activities, information submission attribution, data verification, Editor usage analytics, security monitoring, and other purposes relevant to the functionality, accuracy, legality, or management of the NZA and its Editor. We may retain information regarding you or your use of the Editor for as long as: your account is active, needed for the functionality of the Editor, or needed for compliance with legal requirements described in Article 7.
7. Acknowledgement of Legal Requirements. In addition, by using the Editor, you acknowledge that there may be situations in which we may be required to retain or share your information to comply with applicable legal requirements, such as government regulations and law enforcement requests, to protect our and others’ rights, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our legal terms or policies.
8. Sharing with Non-NZA-Affiliated Parties. Unless compelled to by law or court order, the NZA system will not share your information with any non-NZA-affiliated third parties for any purpose. We will not publicly share information connecting your Logged Information with your Submitted Information, including any publicly-accessible online map created by the NZA.
9. More on Your Personal Information. If you would like to update, change or delete personal information or to remove your name from public materials crediting team members for their work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to verify your identity in connection with your requests, and such verification process may require you to provide us with additional information we maintain about you to verify your identity.